Water, water everywhere, but what to drink? | Muk Revisited
Last updated 5/14/2021 at 10:45pm
For thousands of years, the Snohomish Indians traditionally made use of the land that is now Old Town Mukilteo. In 1841, the Wilkes Expedition had named the area Point Elliot. In 1860, Morris Frost and J. D. Fowler established homesteads on the land, and soon the settlement grew and the name was changed to Mukilteo. There were two creeks in the area, which Frost and Fowler saw as valuable assets.
Eventually, one creek became known as "Brewery Creek" and the other as "Japanese Gulch Creek." Why those names one might ask?
"Brewery Creek" was named for a brewery founded by Jacob Barth in 1870...