Mukilteo Beacon - Your Hometown News Source

energy efficient win $250

Four residents are displaced, one dog dies in apartment fire

Improper disposal of smoking material cited as cause

 

Last updated 4/28/2021 at 11:27am

Photo courtesy of Mukilteo Fire Department

Improper disposal of smoking material caused this fire Monday, April 19. No one was injured, but a dog died in the fire.

Four residents from an apartment complex in Mukilteo were displaced by a early morning fire, Monday, April 19.

The Mukilteo Fire Department was dispatched to the fire at 11108 Chennault Beach Rd. at 5:32 a.m.

A unit arrived to find fire on three floors in the building. One occupant had to be evacuated by the fire department.

The original fire was in a first-floor apartment. Flames traveled up the outside of the building to the eaves and attic. Firefighters aggressively fought the fire and had the main body of the fire knocked down within 30 minutes of the first 911 call.

Three apart...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020

Rendered 05/12/2021 07:36