Mukilteo Beacon - Your Hometown News Source

Small fire on the Speedway


Last updated 6/27/2018 at Noon

A small fire occurred on the corner of 84th Street Southwest and the Mukilteo Speedway Wednesday, June 27 a little before noon.

According to Mukilteo Fire Chief Chris Alexander, the fire was started when a transformer overheated, sparked, and fell into the bushed area in front of the 76 Gas Station.

Alexander said a power company had to come and cut the power in that area, and that the fire was taken care of by firefighters in a little less than 20 minutes.

With the gas station right there, it was important to keep the fire away from the pumps.

"It never got past that batch of grass and bushes," Alexander said. "It wasn't anything too major."


Reader Comments(0)


Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020