What and where was Ball's Park? | Muk Revisited


Last updated 9/24/2021 at 1:40pm

Photo courtesy of Mukilteo Historical Society

The Footbridge across Ball's Park ravine connecting to property adjacent to Park Avenue.

No, it was not a ballpark.

It was a wooded retreat area that had picnic tables and small log cabins for rent. Developed in the early 1900s by Hazen and Luella Ball, it was located at the corner of what is now Fifth Street and Park Avenue in Mukilteo. The park's property access from Fifth Street was across from what is now Mukilteo's Fire Station 1. Vera and Claude Riches lived in one of the small cabins in the park for a short while after they were married in 1912.

Ball's Park was also known as Greenwood Park. Besides the small rustic log cabins, there was a covered gazebo-type building wi...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 06/24/2022 20:14