New leadership selected for Community Transit Board
Marine named vice chair
Last updated 2/7/2021 at 1:30pm
Lake Stevens City Councilmember Kim Daughtry and Mukilteo City Councilmember Joe Marine were selected by their peers to serve as chair and vice chair of the Community Transit Board of Directors for 2021.
Daughtry was named chair and Marine was tapped as vice chair. Arlington City Councilmember Jan Schuette was chosen as secretary.
The Community Transit board is comprised of nine elected officials from Snohomish County and the cities within the transit agency’s service district, as well as a labor representative selected by the agency’s bargaining units. Last week’s monthly meeting was the first for Jared Mead as a boardmember representing the Snohomish County Council, and Kristiana Johnson, an alternate board member from Edmonds.
Board members for 2021 include:
· Arlington City Council Member Jan Schuette, Board Secretary
· Labor Representative Lance Norton
· Lake Stevens City Council Member Kim Daughtry, Board Chair
· Lynnwood Mayor Nicola Smith
· Marysville Mayor Jon Nehring
· Mukilteo City Council Member Joe Marine, Board Vice Chair
· Snohomish City Council Member Tom Merrill
· Snohomish County Council Member Stephanie Wright
· Snohomish County Council Member Jared Mead
· Stanwood City Council Member Sid Roberts
Board alternates include:
· Brier City Council Member Mike Gallagher
· Bothell City Council Member James McNeal
· Edmonds City Council Member Kristiana Johnson
· Mountlake Terrace Mayor Kyoko Mastumoto Wright
· Snohomish County Council Member Nate Nehring
Community Transit is responsible for providing bus and paratransit service, vanpool and alternative commute options in Snohomish County. The agency is building a network of Swift bus rapid transit lines with Swift Blue Line serving Highway 99 between Everett and Shoreline; Swift Green Line serving Bothell-Everett Highway, 1228th and Airport Road between Bothell and Boeing/Paine Field; and the new Swift Orange Line coming to Mill Creek and Lynnwood in 2024.