Mukilteo Beacon - Your Hometown News Source

Small brush fire on the Speedway

 


Drivers and pedestrians were in for quite a shock last Wednesday if they passed 84th Street Southwest on the Mukilteo Speedway.

A small fire burned just before noon on Wednesday in a small bush and grass area in front of the 76 Union Gas Station.

According to Mukilteo Fire Chief Chris Alexander, the fire started when part of a transformer overheated, sparked, and fell into the landscaped area in front of the gas station.

The fire also caused a brief traffic delay while the situation was getting sorted out.

Alexander said the overheating of aluminum wiring in the transformer caused the s...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 10/28/2019 21:47